Welcome to War Doves, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Israel - Palestine Conflict Discussion Thread

Offline Jearilum Posted 08-05-2014 - 05:26 PM
Administrator

Administrators

129 Posts
Jearilum

Blood Feather

Donator

No flamebait or bashing. Warnings will be given.

I started near the beginning of the war breaking out to get discussion flowing.

Quote:Israeli forces have identified the bodies of the three missing Israeli teens, ABC News, The New York Times and other international outlets are reporting.
The teens, who went missing in the Israeli-occupied West Bank on June 12, have been the subject of a massive search in recent weeks. Israeli forces have arrested hundreds of Palestinians in the course of the search.
The Times reports that senior government officials in Israel said military searchers found the three bodies buried “in a field near Hebron,” a large West Bank city:
“They know it’s the three, they will know for sure after they do the autopsy.” The official said the three appeared to have been shot to death, likely “very close to the kidnap” time, and that the prime suspects had still not been caught.
A gag order in effect on Israeli media has meant that no Israel-based outlets have reported on the discovery of the teen’s bodies. A press conference is scheduled for this afternoon, according to Tweets from reporters. New York Times Jerusalem bureau chief Jodi Rudoren tweeted that Israeli forces are blocking roads into and out of Hebron.
Source: http://m.forward.com/articles/201064/isr...-in-field/
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 05:27 PM by Jearilum.)
All hail Admin~
Back to top Find Quote
Offline Littlepip Posted 08-05-2014 - 07:10 PM
Junior Poster

Registered

40 Posts
Littlepip

Blood Feather

Three Israel teenagers gone missing and there is a great coverage.
Hundreds of civilians from Palestine die or get severely hurt too, but get less of attention somehow. (But they still have). What I do not like is how media shows this, to impact rather than to just inform.

A war is a war. People die and innocents suffer for the interests of a few.
[Image: 5W3FdaD.png]
Back to top Find Quote
Offline Jearilum Posted 08-05-2014 - 07:20 PM
Administrator

Administrators

129 Posts
Jearilum

Blood Feather

Donator

(08-05-2014 07:10 PM)Littlepip Wrote:  Three Israel teenagers gone missing and there is a great coverage.
Hundreds of civilians from Palestine die or get severely hurt too, but get less of attention somehow. (But they still have). What I do not like is how media shows this, to impact rather than to just inform.

Yes, there is a ton of coverage. War is a complicated issue. It's really hard to tell what really goes on behind the seances of which isn't shown on TV, online etc. We can only speculate to a point.

I hope all the innocent rest in peace. On both sides.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 07:20 PM by Jearilum.)
All hail Admin~
Back to top Find Quote
trs4ece Posted 08-06-2014 - 03:04 AM
Unregistered

trs4ece
(08-05-2014 07:10 PM)Littlepip Wrote:  Three Israel teenagers gone missing and there is a great coverage.

Interesting perspective. All I keep seeing in the news over here (CNN, CSPAN, ABC, etc.) is how Palestinian women and children are being mowed down by Zionist aggressors. FOX will advocate Israel's side but they don't even try to hide their bias anymore. All news is biased even if just by emphasizing or omitting certain facts. The real news is that these are real people with real families killing other real people with real families.

In the end, the only people who win are the weapon suppliers. For every family member killed, a ripple of hatred is created that will spawn more violence against the other side. The two factions will just keep blowing each other up until people with good sense come to power on BOTH sides.

[Image: StarkJerichoTest.jpg]
Back to top Quote
Offline Criminal Posted 08-06-2014 - 04:18 AM
Avid Poster

Registered

168 Posts
Criminal

Blood Feather

Mocking Bird

(08-06-2014 03:04 AM)trs4ece Wrote:  

Interesting perspective. All I keep seeing in the news over here (CNN, CSPAN, ABC, etc.) is how Palestinian women and children are being mowed down by Zionist aggressors. FOX will advocate Israel's side but they don't even try to hide their bias anymore. All news is biased even if just by emphasizing or omitting certain facts. The real news is that these are real people with real families killing other real people with real families.

In the end, the only people who win are the weapon suppliers. For every family member killed, a ripple of hatred is created that will spawn more violence against the other side. The two factions will just keep blowing each other up until people with good sense come to power on BOTH sides.

[Image: StarkJerichoTest.jpg]
"

You hit the nail on the head; war is profitable. You stole my post, lol. .

The irony : Hezbolah[sic] was created/funded by Isreal as a political offset to Fatah. They created their own monster.

Only when it becomes economically advantageous to both side will the fighting end : however, as long as the Isrealis hold the Palestinians in a lower class economic status, it will go on., and as long as the goodold USA continues to fund the Isreali war machine, the killing will continue.

Their is no rational basis to any war ostensibly based on religious differences. Two irrational posistions will never arrive at a rational resolution.

Note the English/Irish conflict; only when economic equality is offered will the troubles end.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 04:20 AM by Criminal.)
Back to top Find Quote