Welcome to War Doves, please Login or Create an account to get full access to the forums.

Poll: What kind of tacos do you like?
Ground Beef
Shredded Beef
Chicken FTW!
Whatever Taco Bell has. Them things is delicious.
Steak with a side of tortilla
Fish obviously
Shrimp
Pork
Fry Bread Tacos \o/
Lengua (We don't judge)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average

Tacos

Offline Samwise Posted 06-27-2014 - 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Triumvir

742 Posts
Samwise

Blood Feather

What kind of tacos do you like? My Aunt on my dad's side does what she calls Potato Tacos. Yes,

[Image: sam-potatoes.gif]

She takes leftover mashed potatoes, and fry's them as you would regular tacos and adds her regular taco toppings. I've always wanted to take it one step further and make it similar to a loaded baked potato. Fry the potato taco then add bacon, chives, sour cream and cheese. Because what isn't better with bacon? ehm

Also, how do you feel about taco seasoning?

My cousin on my mom's side makes fry bread tacos. Basically, Indian Fry Bread for a taco shell, and whatever meat and fixins you desire. They're pretty damn delicious, but then again, I love tacos and I love fry bread. It makes sense that I'd love them together, right?
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2014 07:47 PM by Samwise.)
Quote:<Rorthrane> any idea what sort of WC he has?
<Samwise[GOP]> fata1ity? About 150 mil
<Belisarius> oh god D:
<Belisarius> he is the richest of the bitches
Back to top Find Quote
Offline Belisarius Posted 06-27-2014 - 09:03 PM
God-Emperor

Triumvir
Administrator

110 Posts
Belisarius

Blood Feather

Donator

To me, the taco is not some treat to eat occasionally. It is life itself.

Any food you put in a tortilla is a taco. When you pick up beans and rice with a tortilla, that's a taco. When you cook a tortilla and put in some grounded cotija cheese, that's a taco. When you put eggs and bacon, you may call it a burrito. But what is a burrito but a taco? A taco by any other name tastes such as sweet.

The king of the tacos are the tacos al pastor, a taco once rare north of the border. Now, like a vengeful Montezuma, the street taco marches north to conquer North America away from its foul heresies. Oh, you may think that a hardshell taco is a taco. And sure, it may taste just fine. But it is satan incarnate. It deserves to die under the fury of the one true taco, the king of the tacos!

Also, nothing wrong with lengua. Tasty with some green salsa ^_^
Back to top WWW Find Quote
Offline Criminal Posted 06-27-2014 - 09:22 PM
Avid Poster

Registered

168 Posts
Criminal

Blood Feather

Mocking Bird

Never really understood the appeal of tacos.

Have nothing against them, but they have merely filled the role of something you make when you have no time; some ground beef, some taco shells,[ which invariably crumble] and some tomatoes and lettuce, etc etc, purchased at the supermarket.
Actually i have never had a taco with any other components, so i cannot judge their appeal.

As to Taco bell; if you remember the multiple cases of food poisoning incidents associated with the chain, you would avoid them as i do.

Ketchup beats sals, anyday; and burgers trump tacos all day.
Back to top Find Quote
Offline Samwise Posted 06-27-2014 - 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Triumvir

742 Posts
Samwise

Blood Feather

Or! The Jumbaco!

<Belisarius> oh god D:
Back to top Find Quote
Offline Belisarius Posted 06-27-2014 - 10:24 PM
God-Emperor

Triumvir
Administrator

110 Posts
Belisarius

Blood Feather

Donator

(06-27-2014 09:22 PM)Criminal Wrote:  Never really understood the appeal of tacos.

Have nothing against them, but they have merely filled the role of something you make when you have no time; some ground beef, some taco shells,[ which invariably crumble] and some tomatoes and lettuce, etc etc, purchased at the supermarket.
Actually i have never had a taco with any other components, so i cannot judge their appeal.

As to Taco bell; if you remember the multiple cases of food poisoning incidents associated with the chain, you would avoid them as i do.

Ketchup beats sals, anyday; and burgers trump tacos all day.

Back to top WWW Find Quote
Offline Samwise Posted 06-28-2014 - 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Triumvir

742 Posts
Samwise

Blood Feather

Plus, when you're broke, or you loot spare change from somebody, the bright side is you probably still have enough cash for 2 for $1 tacos! \o/
<Belisarius> oh god D:
Back to top Find Quote